Principles of Direct Care Level II course contains the required competencies for any person providing housekeeping/homemaker, personal care, or attendant care services for individuals receiving developmental disability state-funded services in Arizona.
- Assistance with Ambulation
- Use of a Gait Belt+Assistance with Transferring out of bed+
- Assistance with eating
- Assistance with Dressing, using a blouse or shirt
- Positioning in bed+
- Wheelchair to Chair transfers
- Techniques for re-positioning a person in a chair/wheelchair
- Redirect a person(with cognitive impairment/dementia or to avoid a power struggle)
- Assistance with Toothbrushing
Course Length: 8-hours in the classroom.
Certificate Valid: No expiration date. Once you take the course, the certificate does not expire as long as you continue to provide direct support.