This class ensures that Direct Support Professionals are familiar with the safe and acceptable practices associated with the administration of medication, and the basics of monitoring the health and safety of the individuals they support.
- Preparing the Area
- Medication Storage
- The Medication Container and Label
- The Medication Log
- Correct Dosage
- Forms of Medication
- Routes of Medication Administration
- Medication Erroe Procedure
- Types of Medication
- Medication Resource Materials
- Overview of Drug Use, Interactions and Contraindication
CEU- 1 unit.
Course Length: 1-hour course only offered online.
Certificate Valid: No expiration date. Once you take the course, the certificate does not expire.