This class introduces the Direct Support Professional to the four Developmental Disabilities, the Support Professional's role in providing support with respect and dignity and the philosophies of support
- Social Role Valorization
- Dignity of Risk
- Least Restrictive Alternatives
- Characteristics of Seizures
- Response to Seizures
- Documenting Seizures+
- Seizure Related Emergencies
- Prevention of Seizures
- The Developmental Model
- The Self-fulfilling Model
- Positive Professional and Supportive communication
- Overview of the Role of the Direct Support Provider
- Introduction to the 4DES/DDD Recognized Developmental Disabilities
- Mission and Values of DES/DDD
CEU- 1 unit.
Course Length: 1-hour course only offered online.
Certificate Valid: No expiration date. Once you take the course, the certificate does not expire.